How to convert an Australian Speeding Fine to a Warning

  • Hold a current driver’s licence, including probationary, or current learner driver’s permit.
  • Have not been issued with a speeding, other traffic fine or official warning within the previous two years.
  • Were caught doing less than 10 kilometres per hour over the speed limit.
  • Do not deny that you committed the offence.
Officer in Charge
Traffic Camera Office
GPO Box 1916
Melbourne VIC 3001

Traffic Infringement Notice: xxxx (Obligation: xxxx)

I wish to request that this Traffic Infringement Notice be converted to an Official Warning.

My driver's licence number is: xxxx

I have a good driving record over the last two years, and have not been issued a speeding fine, traffic fine, or official warning within this time.

On the date and time of the offence, I was [insert good reason why you should be let off]

[insert more/another good reason why you should be let off]

[insert hardship/sob-story], my financial budget would be better if I could spend the $xx on my mortgage instead of the Traffic Infringement Notice.

Due to the situation above, I would be grateful if the Traffic Infringement Notice was withdrawn and an Official Warning issued instead. Thank-you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.